Author Topic: Thanksgiving Haircuts MERGED New hair cut Phyllis is showing around town  (Read 991 times)

deirdra

Ashley got several inches chopped off, but she would look better with another 1-2" off.  I'm not a fan of the extra blonde, I'd prefer less blonde.
Phyllis gets a bob and more blonde too.  I prefer her natural shade of brown with minimal highlights.
Dina got a trim, but thankfully no extra blonde.
Is Mal Young planning to turn this back into the all-blonde show? I hope not.

Ricky

Re: Thanksgiving Haircuts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:45:13 PM »

When they all turn fully blonde at once, they sorta look like they're starring in a "Californians skit" on Saturday Night Life.

You start expecting them to say, "I took the 405 north to Brentwood, then exited onto Wilshire, and came home and sat down in my neutral-tone fruitwood chair." 

stpauliegirl

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »
I noticed Ashley's haircut on the Y&R spoiler video earlier this week, and I saw Phyllis' new do on her instagram, which was posted a while ago.  Ashley's hair looks great.  Her hair was too long and I suspect was full of extensions.

Peridot

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 07:17:17 PM »

When they all turn fully blonde at once, they sorta look like they're starring in a "Californians skit" on Saturday Night Life.

You start expecting them to say, "I took the 405 north to Brentwood, then exited onto Wilshire, and came home and sat down in my neutral-tone fruitwood chair."

LOL.  I used to love that skit.  When Nikki barged in the Abbott's front door Ashley should've said, "Uhh, Nikki, what're yewwww doing here?"

I really dislike all the blonde hair.  Seeing that Genoa City is in the Midwest it's really not unusual, but from a viewing standpoint it gets tedious having everyone look so similar.  The women who used to be darker blondes seem to have become platinum.  They may think it makes them look younger but it actually has an aging affect.

Billie

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:21:20 PM »
I love Ashley's new cut.  So much better than before...not only was it long and scraggy but the top part of her hair was noticeably blonder than the bottom half of her hair.

Speaking of hair, what's with Sharon's?  Twice now she's worn that tiny little bun.  I can't imagine that it could be that small with all that long hair.  I always thought she was wearing extensions.  Was it a wig?  I'm bewildered.

Soaprah

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 09:07:34 PM »
Ashley's hair looks great.  Her hair was too long and I suspect was full of extensions.

Agree about Ashley's new style. I like Phyllis' hair too, not necessarily the colour but the cut. I like the look of healthy ends.
So Nikki and Sharon-- you're up! 

deirdra

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »
Speaking of hair, what's with Sharon's?  Twice now she's worn that tiny little bun.  I can't imagine that it could be that small with all that long hair.  I always thought she was wearing extensions.  Was it a wig?  I'm bewildered.
She appears to have taken out the extensions which gave her the extra length and volume.  If she just cut it like Phyllis or Ashley or something in between, her hair would instantly look thicker.  Same with Faith.  People should tell Phyllis & Ashley how their new 'dos make them look 10 yrs younger in front of Nikki & Lauren, who need to take the hint.  New haircuts is one way to revive the core characters.

Chuckles

What do you think of the new hair cut Phyllis is showing around town?
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 07:18:43 PM »
I thought she looked a lot better and also younger.

franniep51

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
Peridot, you mentioned the "Californians" from Saturday Night Live. Clever.
 I'm going back a little further, I have always wanted someone to say too Nikki, or Victor, "Newman" like Jerry would say on Seinfeld.

Capricorn

Re: What do you think of the new hair cut Phyllis is showing around town?
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »
Yes she looks good with the shorter cut and her face actually looks softer... it's a pity she's not a redhead anymore.

deirdra

Re: What do you think of the new hair cut Phyllis is showing around town?
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
I liked how Billy cupped and bounced it on his hand when he came around behind her after entering the GCAC.

SAlby

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:07:23 PM »
I love Ashley's new cut.  So much better than before...not only was it long and scraggy but the top part of her hair was noticeably blonder than the bottom half of her hair.

I suspect Sharon Case has really thin/fine hair.  I have naturally curly hair, that when straightened reaches almost half way down my back.  It also happens to be very fine and thin so when I make a bun it is very small.  I'm lucky my hair is so curly, it is deceptively thick because of the body from the curl.

SarahTheCat

Re: Thanksgiving Haircuts MERGED New hair cut Phyllis is showing around town
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 08:55:36 PM »
Nikki's hair looked darker, and I think Jack's colour was darkened a bit too.

I like Ashley's new cut. I wish she wasn't so white-blonde. But it's a big improvement.

LAUREN'S TURN!!!!

Goldilocks

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 09:20:17 PM »
I don't think ED actually got a haircut. They must have removed the extensions. It is an improvement but they should do something about her color.

Kai

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
Ashley and Phyllis got big girl haircuts and they look so much better.  Now let's work on the Newman scrags, Nikki, Reed and especially Icktoria who all look awful.

SarahTheCat

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 10:41:48 AM »
Ashley and Phyllis got big girl haircuts and they look so much better.  Now let's work on the Newman scrags, Nikki, Reed and especially Icktoria who all look awful.

I like Victoria's hair. Sometimes it looks like a rat's nest, but when it is styled properly, she's got beautiful hair.

Lauren needs a new style more than anyone else on the show, IMO.

DianeM

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
We don't really know what Lauren's hair looks like.  Those extensions are ridiculous, but does she also wear a wig?

Capricorn

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 11:37:04 AM »
There are no extensions... she wears a wig period.

LeannaLove

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »

I like Victoria's hair. Sometimes it looks like a rat's nest, but when it is styled properly, she's got beautiful hair.

I agree on both points, Sarah.  Victoria has a fantastic head of hair but more often than not, it's just a wild mess of a style.

Nikki would look great with a cut similar to Phyllis's new 'do, which I love.  Maybe it will inspire her BFF Lauren, who I think has the worst hair/wig on the show.

Billie

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 01:41:07 PM »

I agree on both points, Sarah.  Victoria has a fantastic head of hair but more often than not, it's just a wild mess of a style.

Nikki would look great with a cut similar to Phyllis's new 'do, which I love.  Maybe it will inspire her BFF Lauren, who I think has the worst hair/wig on the show.
Agree with both of you, STC and Leannalove,  I also think Victoria has beautiful hair.  I just hate that she uses it as an acting prop and fiddles with it incessantly.  Lauren's wig has got to go.  It's fake, ugly and dated.

deirdra

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Did Phyllis get a lobotomy with her haircut?  Before the cut she was stomping and yelling at Billy through the walls of Summer's apartment, but right after the cut she seems to have forgotten everything and fallen back in lust with Billy. 

Ricky

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 07:10:11 PM »

And how'd she manage to get her haircut on Thanksgiving Day?   She started out shrieking at Billy with longer hair, then ran out and got her haircut (and partial frontal lobotomy) while everyone else in town sat around like Marcy, Peppermint Patty, Franklin, and Charlie Brown staring at empty plates with no food on them, except for that dried-up pumpkin pie that Chelsea was trying to jackhammer with her fork.   And on a related note, what was the point of Billy (a) moving in with Jack and Ashley for five minutes, then (b) moving in with Cane Ashby and Juliet Helton for five minutes, and then (c) taking an off-screen apartment next door to Phyllis for five minutes so that he could play ugly music at high decible levels?   I liked Phyllis's haircut, but she took a BIZARRE journey to get there. 

wanda

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 08:17:43 PM »

And how'd she manage to get her haircut on Thanksgiving Day?   She started out shrieking at Billy with longer hair, then ran out and got her haircut (and partial frontal lobotomy) while everyone else in town sat around like Marcy, Peppermint Patty, Franklin, and Charlie Brown staring at empty plates with no food on them, except for that dried-up pumpkin pie that Chelsea was trying to jackhammer with her fork.   And on a related note, what was the point of Billy (a) moving in with Jack and Ashley for five minutes, then (b) moving in with Cane Ashby and Juliet Helton for five minutes, and then (c) taking an off-screen apartment next door to Phyllis for five minutes so that he could play ugly music at high decible levels?   I liked Phyllis's haircut, but she took a BIZARRE journey to get there.

I'm glad you also noticed she had long hair in the scene in her apartment and then later on Thanksgiving she had it short. I thought I imagined it or wasn't paying enough attention.

SANDY B

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2017, 09:03:23 PM »
LOL,  I was wondering about the thanksgiving haircut too.   Walmart was open all day.  Maybe the salon was open too.