Author Topic: Neil  (Read 363 times)

monkeymome3

Neil
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »
Worst PR man in the world.  I thought he was running the company, not doing all the work.  Surely there are trained PR people in that business that could be handling Newman better than he.

Peridot

Re: Neil
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
Neil as PR man smacks of desperation.  As in, the writers don't know what to do with Neil any more so they're trying to shoehorn him into yet another new career.  And once again, Neil's decisions are being countermanded by the Newmans.  ZZZzzzZZzzzZZZ. Maybe they should consider sending Neil on a trip with youngest son Moses, and bring him back when they have an actual story for the guy.

Billie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
I actually did drift off with that scene between Neil and Victor.  And to think this is sweeps month.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 09:01:01 PM by Billie »

Augie

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »
Did Neil dump his business with Devon to run out and be Victor’s spokeless person?  How many times has he worked for Clicktor who changes his agenda at the flick of a switch?  Like with Abby today she was my sweetheart for a bit, then click....she is nothing compared to Victoria....she has brought shame and devastation to NE.  I wonder who gets the next click.

Twokeets

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »
What did you all think of Neil's sweater--the gray zip-up top that looked kind of bunchy when he was slouched down in that chair in the Goat's office? It jumped out at me. I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate office wear or not.

Winza

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 06:41:24 AM »
What did you all think of Neil's sweater--the gray zip-up top that looked kind of bunchy when he was slouched down in that chair in the Goat's office? It jumped out at me. I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate office wear or not.

I was waiting for Victor to say “kindly show yourself out and put on proper office clothing.”

stpauliegirl

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »
I agree, Neil is the worst PR man in the world.  His advice seems to always be, "Hold a press conference and deny you were knowingly involved with the prostitution ring".  Duh, what else would they do?

wanda

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:09:49 AM »
Did Neil dump his business with Devon to run out and be Victor’s spokeless person?  How many times has he worked for Clicktor who changes his agenda at the flick of a switch?  Like with Abby today she was my sweetheart for a bit, then click....she is nothing compared to Victoria....she has brought shame and devastation to NE.  I wonder who gets the next click.

I think Neil and Devon bought a PR company and Neil is running it.

wanda

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:12:05 AM »
I think Neil's trendy new look is dumb looking. I remember they talked about Neil needing a new look for this new position. He looks much better in a suit.

DebR

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 09:03:31 AM »
I think Neil's trendy new look is dumb looking. I remember they talked about Neil needing a new look for this new position. He looks much better in a suit.

He does look much better in a suit. I don’t know why he’d take his kids advice on this.

I love Y&R because so many of the men wear nice suits and look classy and business like.

monkeymome3

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 11:12:23 AM »
He doesn't need Paul to hold a presser either!  He just goes out there and says what he said to Paul and he's done.  He seems so desperate.

deirdra

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 11:53:21 AM »
I liked Kneel better when he was Neil Winters, the only person with an MBA in GC and used his brain on the job, not as the Newman family's obsequious factotum.

pcrchik

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 04:28:48 PM »
Neil as PR man smacks of desperation.  As in, the writers don't know what to do with Neil any more so they're trying to shoehorn him into yet another new career.  And once again, Neil's decisions are being countermanded by the Newmans.  ZZZzzzZZzzzZZZ. Maybe they should consider sending Neil on a trip with youngest son Moses, and bring him back when they have an actual story for the guy.

100% agree! its sad but the winters family needs a new writing team across the board.  until then, i'd rather see fewer scenes than pity scenes that don't make any sense.