Author Topic: 10/29 Episode  (Read 342 times)

katiesbeach

10/29 Episode
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:21:24 PM »
I was on the edge of my seat all night long.  Trying to keep up with all the different groups attacking different Savoir posts makes you pay attention!
Rick, Daryl & Aaron attacking the weapons compound.  Hope Daryl comes to Rick's rescue.  He can't be ready for another knock down drag out fight after that big dude.
Jesus, Tara & Morgan attacking another satellite facility, and finally, Morgan is onboard with killing people (with guns!) and now ya got Jesus changing up the plan and just holding them hostage.  That's not going to work out to well, I'm sure
Ezekiel, Carol and some of the Kingdom fighters are heading somewhere else, and one of the Savoir lookouts got away.  He got eaten by Shiva, but not before he was able to send a warning.  So I see a big bloodbath there (especially with Big E all smiling and confident).  I forgot where Maggie and Carl were....maybe back at the original compound.  (Maybe I wasn't paying attention as well as I thought!)

Money Honey

Re: 10/29 Episode
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »
I have to watch again, because I didn't see Tara looking at the writing on the wall
that was mentioned on TTD.  Plus, I got lost on what was going on in the different
places.   

Saw the baby, and have to see if it belongs to the guy that Rick met back in Atlanta. 
Where was his wife?  Surprised to him talking Negan. 

Money Honey

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 09:29:42 PM »
Forgot to say, I didn't see Michonne, nor Carl.  I guess, I was really tired.

Money Honey

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 04:32:50 PM »
The board is so dead right now until, I'm going to say it.  We already know the answer
to why Negan wasn't killed when he stepped out on the landing.  The show would have
been over for the night.  Nothing else is happening right now other than Negan.  It's
too early for that other group the Whispers to show up.  So, Rick let him live.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:33:50 PM by Money Honey »

DianeM

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
But where was Negan this week?  I'm afraid he was still in that trailer torturing poor Father Gabriel. 

Money Honey

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »
I don't remember what was said about them on TTD.  It's got to be better.  The
producers, and actors think we're enjoying this, but I'm not.  2 episodes, and it's
a no go so far.  They won't lose me though, because I know they'll make it work.

Sinsaint

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »
I don't remember what was said about them on TTD.  It's got to be better.  The
producers, and actors think we're enjoying this, but I'm not.  2 episodes, and it's
a no go so far.  They won't lose me though, because I know they'll make it work.

Same here. I havenít been totally impressed with the show lately but maybe itís because Iíve been distracted while the show has been on the past two Sundays. Either way, Iíll stick with it because itís one of my favorite shows.

katiesbeach

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 07:42:16 PM »
I think they are overthinking it and unfortunately, sometimes when that happens, they lose the original feel of the show and the reason that we were all drawn in.  It was more about war with the walkers and how they evolved as a group.  This just feels like any other Mad Max type of show, with  - oh year -  the zombies.  Remember them?

and I think the Talking Dead is going way overboard.  Much better when it was more relaxed and organic. 

Money Honey

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 08:30:16 PM »
One crazy thing we never asked was, why were they all looking, and shooting up at
empty window panes.  Losing all of those bullets.  I've been sitting in place here each
Sunday, not knowing what's going on with season 8. 

I just read on Forbes site that non of the show made sense.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:49:50 AM by Money Honey »

Sinsaint

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
One crazy thing we never asked was, why were they all looking, and shooting up at
empty window panes.  Losing all of those bullets.  I've been sitting in place here each
Sunday, not knowing what's going on with season 8. 

I just read on Forbes site that non of the show made sense.

I read the Forbes review for the season premier and it was pretty bad but the author is considered a hater so I figured Iíd just wait to see for myself. So far Iím not impressed with the first two. I suppose it might be set up so that by episode five or six all the episodes tie together to make sense but I think thatís a stupid approach if thatís what the show runners are aiming for.

stpauliegirl

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2017, 05:25:23 PM »
I was not on the edge of my seat.  I think it is boring to watch a whole show that consisted of unrelenting fighting.  I kind of half watched and when it looked like something important happened, I paid attention - like when Rick ran into his acquaintance from Atlanta.

DianeM

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 11:05:41 AM »
Sad scene with Aaron and Eric.  I think Aaron will be a good father to that baby, and I hope we see more of them together.  We need to see a few happy moments for these people.

Sinsaint

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 01:28:51 PM »
Sad scene with Aaron and Eric.  I think Aaron will be a good father to that baby, and I hope we see more of them together.  We need to see a few happy moments for these people.

I donít think Aaron will be raising Gracie. I think he just needed a distraction from the loss he suffered. I think heís just going to drop Gracie off at Hilltop and then travel back to Alexandria assuming thatís where they were all supposed to meet up after the attacks.

DianeM

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »
Maybe, but I think he'd be a good daddy and caring for her might help him heal over the loss of Eric.

Sinsaint

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 02:13:45 PM »
Maybe, but I think he'd be a good daddy and caring for her might help him heal over the loss of Eric.

I think he would be an excellent father as well. I just donít think the show has any plans for him to enter fatherhood. BTW, did anyone hear the actor who played Eric thank his wife for staying home and watching their two kids? I was like... WHAT?!! You mean to tell me you arenít gay?!! I thought for sure he was gay in real life. Wonderful acting on his part!

Money Honey

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 12:17:04 PM »
I had to laugh when it was said that Morgan wore body armor that was 7 sizes too
small, until it said that it belonged to Benjamin.  Morgan wears it to remember the
loss of his young friend.   He really cared for him.

I was hoping, Morgan would give a good slap (!) to Ben's killer who kept making
snide remarks.  His sneering was getting to me.  One whack with his stick to shut
him up would have been just enough to shut him up, but Jesus stopped him.  I don't
know if Morgan will ever find the peace, and normalcy of people again in their new
world It's driving him crazy.  He's got to fight the supposedly dead crew, and fight
tooth and nail with the humans.  No wonder, he's losing his sanity.   

His new found friendship for Carol, is what might snap him out of his depressed state
if she's a prisoner of the Savior. 

Sinsaint

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 10:35:14 AM »
I think Morgan was just ticked off about taking the Saviors to Hilltop. Iím hoping he just decided to walk back to Alexandria alone to cool off.

Money Honey

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
Sinsaint, are you saying Morgan should take a stroll back to cool off?  I understand,
why you are saying this, but that is just asking for walkers to show up, and his stick
is not enough... Yes, he has a gun, but Morgan is mad about that too.  He followed
what he says is all Rick's idea of winning.  He is pissed, and a stroll through zombie
territory might cool his but off. 

The site said, that he wanted to be like a father to Ben, because Ben gave him that
painting of what happened to Duane.  So, he is really mad about not having him
around.  With them not having mental facilities anymore, he'd better work on his
demons... Wife, Duane, and Ben.  There is Ben's little friend, or brother that he can
take under his wings.  But, I think the king has his attention right now though.

Sinsaint

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2017, 11:04:03 AM »
Sinsaint, are you saying Morgan should take a stroll back to cool off?  I understand,
why you are saying this, but that is just asking for walkers to show up, and his stick
is not enough... Yes, he has a gun, but Morgan is mad about that too.  He followed
what he says is all Rick's idea of winning.  He is pissed, and a stroll through zombie
territory might cool his but off. 

The site said, that he wanted to be like a father to Ben, because Ben gave him that
painting of what happened to Duane.  So, he is really mad about not having him
around.  With them not having mental facilities anymore, he'd better work on his
demons... Wife, Duane, and Ben.  There is Ben's little friend, or brother that he can
take under his wings.  But, I think the king has his attention right now though.

I think Morgan had it in his head that they were to follow Rickís plan which didnít involve taking prisoners. You have him hurting over Benís death but heís forced to walk along side the man who murdered him while the guy makes snide remarks about killing Ben. Then Jesus wants to take the prisoners to Hilltop which, to Morgan, just isnít sitting right with him. The fight he and Jesus got into was all Morganís emotions coming to a boiling point. And there were portions of the fight you could tell Morgan was zoning in and out between rational thought (teachings of the Cheesemaker) and blind rage (his ďclearĒ days).

I think he left because he knew he wouldnít be able to control his rage if he continued at that pace around the Savior hostages. But I donít believe heís going to run off to be alone never to be heard from again like some message boards are speculating about. I think heís just going to walk back to Alexandria alone to cool off. And I wouldnít worry too much about him getting attacked by walkers. He made it the whole way from Atlanta to Alexandria with nothing but his stick and he was able to defend himself adequately enough to survive.